Quick & Easy Wiesn Hairstyle
O’zapft is! Today Rupertikirtag is starting in Salzburg, and tomorrow the world’s most famous traditional festival – The Wiesn – is beginning in Munich. I’m sure you girls all have your Dirndl ready, but one question remains: What to do with your hair?
Of course no one says you need to do anything special with your hair when wearing a Dirndl, but it’s fun to change things up every now and then. I personally think braided hairstyles are the cherry on top when wearing a Dirndl, but the problem is: I’m by no means the world’s most talented braider. So instead of paying a visit to the hairdresser every time I want a hairstyle matching my Dirndl, I came up with a super quick and easy version of the milkmaid braid that everyone is able to do – no skills required! It’s a casual and modern version with a messy touch so you can be sure to look effortlessly chic.
5-Minute Wiesn Hairstyle Tutorial:
Step by Step:
- Before you start: This hairstyle works best if you hair is NOT freshly washed, because it helps if your hair is not super silky and smooth. If you still feel like washing your hair on the same day, simply use some dry shampoo before your start braiding your hair. This will do the trick.
- Step 1: Then part you hair in two equal parts and start braiding a normal braid on each side.
- Step 2: Tie your braids off with an invisible hair tie.
- Step 3: Loosen your braids little bit. This will add volume and give you the desired messy look.
- Step 4: Wrap your braids around your head on each side and pin them down with bobby pins.
- Step 5: If you want to look extra fancy, add a flower crown or a headband.
These are the tools you need for the hairstyle: Ouai texturizing hair spray, invisible hair ties, bobby pins, Ouai fixing hairspray, We Are Flowergirls Flower Crown (use code YOUROCKMYLIFE to get 20% off your order)